- Work your own roster to suit your life style
- Your opportunity for Career progression
- Only 45 minutes from the CBD
About Peninsula Health Peninsula Health provides public healthcare services to residents of the Mornington Peninsula. Our hospitals and emergency departments are located at Frankston and Rosebud, and we provide a wide range of community health, dental, rehabilitation, mental health, palliative care ad aged care services from campuses at Frankston, Hastings, Mornington and Rosebud. Person centred care is at the heart of everything we do, guided by our values of Services, Integrity, Compassion, Respect and Excellence. For more information on Peninsula health please feel welcome to visit our website http://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/ Position Summary Peninsula Health currently has an opportunity for experienced and passionate Patient Services Assistant’s to join our devoted team on a Permanent or Casual basis . Peninsula Health will not be able to deliver health care services and optimum person centered care to our community without your support. The Patient Services Assistant is an integral and valued member of the wider Support Services team. This role delivers services across four main areas: customer service, food service, cleaning and transportation and contributes to a clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients, visitors, and staff. About our Workforce Bureau Our team in the Workforce Bureau works with passion to allocate dedicated, reliable and experienced PSA’s across multiple shifts daily, to meet the demands of a multi specialized hospital. The Workforce Bureau allocates our PSA ‘s shifts across all off our sites and services; Frankston and Rosebud Hospitals, Rehabilitation, Aged and Palliative Care Services, Mental Health programs, fully integrated inpatient and community based services, and Community Health services. The team will offer you a range of short notice and pre-planned shifts to support your ever changing lifestyle. Our team is available 7 days a week working inside and outside business hours to ensure your employment with Peninsula Health is positive and rewarding. Key Responsibilities
- Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered at all times.
- Maintain a clean, hygienic and safe environment
- Perform all duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain food standards as detailed in the food safety standards.
- Commitment and a passion to assist in the ease and comfort of our staff and patients
- Certificate III in Patient Services Assistance or Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- Certificate II in Food Safety for Food Handlers
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Actively supports change by adjusting work practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
- Ability to work across all Peninsula Health Sites
- Availability to work in accordance with a 7 day rotating roster
- Availability to work minimum 1 shift per month
- Beautiful Mornington Peninsula locations
- Friendly and helpful Allocation staff
- Supportive and dynamic team environment
- The ability to plan and work shifts to support your lifestyle
- Exposure to a variety of hospital settings and work with our exceptional healthcare clinicians
- Access to Staff benefits such as salary packaging, the Employee Assistance Program and our extensive Workplace Wellbeing program, which includes a broad range of discounts and special offers
How to apply To apply for this position via Seek, please click on ‘Apply for this Position’ which will re-direct you to our careers page. From our Careers page, to apply or to continue with your application from Seek please click on ‘Apply Now’ and follow the below steps to finalise your application: Existing Account Users: 1. Click ‘Sign in’ and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter New Account Users: 1. Click ‘Register’ to create an account 2. Once registered, click ‘Sign in’ in the top right hand corner 3. Type in the reference number (located at the top of the ad) 4. Re click ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter If you experience any issues signing in or registering to our careers page, please feel welcome to contact our HR Hotline on 03 9784 2700. If you have any questions specific to the positon you are applying for, please feel welcome to contact the hiring manager via the contact details below. Other Information
- Ensuring the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is at the heart of everything we do. As part of this commitment, all new members of our team must complete a National Criminal History Records Check, meet the immunisation requirements of their role and demonstrate evidence of current work rights to work in Australia prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a Working With Children Check card. To find out more about our quality employment standards and to prepare your application to join our team please visit:
- Peninsula Health is committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
- Peninsula Health believes in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce where each person’s uniqueness is valued. Peninsula Health believes that by embracing the diverse life experiences and perspectives of our people, we will provide high-quality health care to all members of our community – regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religion or sexual orientation.
- Peninsula Health ensures the safety and wellbeing of Victorians living with a disability and will conduct an additional pre-employment check prior to making an offer of employment to a potential employee. This safeguard strengthens existing pre-employment screening processes to better protect people with disability who access disability services.
Selection Criteria Essential: Commitment and a passion to assist in the ease and comfort of our staff and patients Essential: Certificate III in Patient Services Assistance or Certificate III in Health Services Assistance Essential: Certificate II in Food Safety for Food Handlers Essential: Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team Essential: Excellent interpersonal skills, a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to interact with people from all walks of life. Essential: Ability to work across all Peninsula Health Sites Essential: Availability to work in accordance with a 7 day rotating roster Contact Person Shirlene White Contact Number 97847744 Alternate Contact Person Mark Carson Alternate Contact Number 97848346