- Operating & monitoring local/state transmission & related equipment.
- Recognising & addressing conflicting scheduling instructions.
- Compiling & editing switching schedule, and other scheduling systems as required.
- Maintaining and developing standard operating procedures.
- Providing first line maintenance of transmission path e.g. program restoration
- Locating and logging faults, and providing diagnostic support to Technical Services staff to resolve faults.
- Maintaining broadcast and associated systems by performing maintenance tasks to meet department and broadcast standards.
- Contributing to projects to support program and network needs
- Maintaining and developing positive client relationships by providing competent technical advice to clients.
About You Are you a lateral thinker, with great organisation, problem solving and communication skills in a Radio broadcasting environment? To be successful in this role, you will also bring:
- Operational expertise and experience in Radio MCR operations.
- Broad based knowledge of radio transmission operations, computer systems & new technologies.
- Ability to deliver complex studio and switching requirements.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach in maintaining transmission quality. Ability to check and report faults to ensure studio equipment is maintained and operating to broadcast specifications.
- A willingness to pass on acquired expertise & skills to others.
- Ability to interpret & apply standards, including standard operating procedures.
How to Apply Please complete the online application form and submit as part of your application a Cover Letter and Resume. For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description: For further information please contact Edwin Chan, Radio MCR Operations Coordinator Sydney, on 02 8333 3365. We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position. The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce. Applications Close: 2 May 2019 Job no: 500391 Work type: Ongoing Full Time Location: Brisbane – ALL Categories: Broadcast Operations/Transmission Advertised: 18 Apr 2019 4:10 PM E. Australia Standard Time Applications close: 02 May 2019 11:55 PM E. Australia Standard Time