- A G permit in gas fitting or a certificate of competency in gas fitting is required. Class I, E and/or P permits in gas fitting or equivalent certificates of competency are advantageous.
- Substantial experience in carrying out all types of gas fitting work, in gas fitting supervision (or similar) and in gas fitting inspection activities (or similar).
- Cert IV in Government Investigations or equivalent experience and skills in investigations.
- Demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills including the ability to produce quality reports using the Microsoft suite of applications
- Demonstrate knowledge of gas distribution systems or gas networks, their legislation and applicable Standards
For further job specific information please find attached a copy of the job description form or contact Adam Crowle, Chief Gas and Plumbing Inspector on (08) 6251 1914. Please note that completion of a National Police Clearance, possession of a ‘C’ class driver’s licence and a pre-employment medical, will also form part of the selection process. What makes DMIRS a great place to work? DMIRS offers a supportive, diverse and innovative environment, with great benefits, including;
- Great work/life balance through flexible working arrangements and leave options.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- An award-winning Health and Wellbeing program.
- Salary packaging options.
DMIRS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of Aboriginal Australians, people with disability, youth and other diversity groups. People with disability will be provided with reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. To learn more about the Department and what we have to offer, please visit How to apply Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below, complete the online application form and attach your covering letter (to a maximum of 3 pages) and detailed CV; showing how you meet the above listed requirements for shortlisting purposes. Further into the process, an assessment will be required against all the requirements and capabilities for the position. For tips on how to put together your application, or details about the process, you can find Information for Applicants on our . For information about employment conditions, the application process or documents in an alternate format, please contact Angela Robinson, Senior Human Resource Officer on (08) 9222 3573. Suitable applicants may be considered for other similar vacancies within the next twelve months. CLOSING DATE: 4.00 pm on Thursday,11 April 2019 (WST). Your application submission must be complete by the closing time, applications that are in progress or submitted after this time will not be accepted. It is your responsibility to ensure your application is submitted on time. Attachments – You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader. Position Title Senior Gas Inspector Agency Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety Salary Level 6 $100,966 – $111,590 pa (PSGO CSA GA 2017) Location Cannington Unit/Division Industry Regulation and Consumer Protection Group -> Building and Energy Division